- Bachelor’s Degree or 7 years of payroll experience required.
- Oracle HCM Cloud experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, professional and persuasive communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to thrive and be motivated by a fast-paced team environment; practicing sound judgment, adaptability, problem solving.
- Strong initiative and self-starting disposition.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local payroll tax laws.
- Experience with accounting and financial reporting.
- Strong knowledge of legal regulations surrounding payroll in the United States (including Puerto Rico) and Canada.
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive data appropriately.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Applications).
- Must be organized, analytical, detail-oriented and accurate.
- Must have a strong teamwork orientation, as well as solid written / verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to work with all levels of staff and management.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, which may include late nights or on occasion weekend hours to complete required payroll duties.
- Ability to sit for multiple hours at a time and to work multiple hours a day at a computer keyboard.
- Ability to remain alert and focused throughout the day.
- Forward-thinking and creative, with the confidence to present and advocate for the implementation of ideas.
- All other related and/or additional responsibilities that may be required or assigned.
- Payroll Certification (FPC or CPP) preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Substantial knowledge of payroll requirements including payroll taxes, benefits, garnishments, disability and other self directed deduction programs.
- Team player who is a change agent with the proven ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines and the willingness to work extra hours if needed.
- Strong customer service skills with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Payroll system enhancement experience helpful. Ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex business problems related to automated systems and operations.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.