Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc. is a global distributor and retailer offering professional beauty products to both retail consumers and salon professionals. Through the Sally Beauty Supply and Beauty Systems Group businesses, the Company sells and distributes through over 4,828 stores, including approximately 181 franchised units, throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Chile, France, Canada, Mexico, Ireland, Netherlands, Spain, Germany, and Peru. We are currently accepting applications for a Facility Maintenance Manager at our Jacksonville, FL warehouse.
This position is responsible for most routine and preventative maintenance aspects of the distribution center, including all buildings, grounds, equipment (including but not limited to; conveyor, lift trucks, computer and networking equipment), receiving/shipping docks, racking and parking lots. Ensures the accuracy, timeliness, cost effectiveness and regulatory compliance of distribution center facility and equipment.
• Provides a safe, healthy and secure work environment for employees by assisting the Director of Distribution in and enforcing company safety, ergonomic, egress, hazardous/Right to Know training, loss prevention and other related programs, creating and enforcing site specific addendums to such policies, performing and monitoring proactive reviews of such programs, and communicating issues/infractions to upper management and taking appropriate action regarding offenses.
• Assists the Director of Distribution with budget preparation for facility maintenance and maintaining efficient cost control by operating within the operational budget set for the distribution center.
• Suggests dsitribution center layout and equipment changes to improve material handling, facility utilization, security and safety.
• Provides for proper routine and preventative maintenance through proper scheduling of maintenance and employees, planning, use of PC based work request system, training of personnel to ensure that the facility and equipment are maintained to ensure safe and optimum use.
• Assists the Director of Distribution in evaluating the performance of subordinate employees, carrying out disciplinary actions and determining work schedules. Assists in the procews of filling open positions within the department, and trains new or reassigned employees in job duties and operating procedures. Promotes ongoing training and development of employees in building an effective and motivated workforce in order to stay abreast of technology and skills that relate to the maintenance of the facility.
• Provides a positive workplace environment in order to maintain a union free environment.
• Ensures good communications with department managers, warehouse staff, vendors and corporate office in order to endure that the facility is in good working condition and to ensure that all repairs are done in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
• Performs all other suties as assigned by management.
• High school diploma or GED required, plus two years of trade school, certification or specialized degree
• 5 years of direct supervisory experience in a high volume distribution center, preferably with automated material handling equipment.
• Experience performing in a goal setting environment
• Proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint programs
• Practical experience with a Warehouse Management System including inquiry and report writing.
• Excellent oral skills including oral presentations in front of large warehouse groups
• Written communication skills including financial and operational reports; ability to provide a positive workplace environment in order to maintain a union free environment.
We offer a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision. life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, profit sharing, and 401(k) with company match.
Sally Beauty Holdings is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.